What Type of Material Handling Equipment Do I Need?
Forklifts are the most essential tool in warehousing and manufacturing facilities today. Understanding the types of forklifts and material handling equipment best suited for your business can make all the difference in productivity and profitability. Some preliminary questions that should be asked are:
1) What type of surface will the machine operate on? (hard surfaces such as concrete, or black top, soft
or uneven surfaces such as gravel, or soil)
2) What is the maximum fork height required?
3) Are there any overhead obstructions that may create overall down height restrictions such as doorways,
ventilation piping, etc.?
4) What is the aisle width to determine the turning radius of equipment?
5) What is the overall dimension and type of product being moved or stored?
6) And one of the most important questions is “what are the capacity requirements”?
Once these questions are answered, the decision of what type of equipment will work best in your application, and when to contact a material handling distributor to inquire about equipment availability will be much easier.
Contact one of our specialists to assist with the right solution for your specific application. We offer free assessments to provide you Solutions of Excellence in Material Handling.