What is an AGV and are they right for your Company?
With intentions of increasing efficiency and reducing costs, AGV’s are becoming more popular throughout manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers. What is an AGV? It is a driverless vehicle used to handle material in diverse applications, some of which are assembly, kitting, order picking, towing, and loading trailers. Both standard and customizable Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs), offer customers the abilities to transport loads from small parts to heavy pallets. AGVs use different forms of navigation, such as following magnetic tape on the floor, taking pictures of its surroundings, or utilizing a laser scanner.
Are AGV’s right for you? Something to consider if you answer yes to one or more:
- Are you a manufacturer, warehouse, or distribution center?
- Do you repetitively move product?
- Does your company adhere to continuous improvements, lean or six sigma initiatives?
- Do you operate numerous shifts?
- Are you facing rising labor and operational costs?
Contact us for additional information on technologies available to improve your material handling processes.