What is a TM&R Agreement and why should I have one?
TM&R stands for Total Maintenance and Repair. A TM&R agreement will generally provide a number of different services – at a fixed monthly or hourly cost – to the equipment user to keep their material handling fleet running. In most cases these services include all normal and scheduled maintenance. Many agreements also provide for replacement equipment to be supplied at no additional cost if the provider is unable to repair a piece of equipment in a reasonable time frame. A TM&R agreement can be very beneficial to most any industry.
Among the benefits are:
- Guaranteed up-time for the customer’s equipment. We guarantee your productivity will not drop due to material handling equipment problems.
- Maintenance budgets are a fixed, known cost for the length of the agreement – generally from 3 to 5 years for new equipment. We can tailor or customize a TM&R program to suit most any need.
- No big, unexpected bills — no surprises! Just one low monthly charge for all lift truck maintenance and repairs. This allows you to control your costs, simplify your accounting, and develop accurate, long-range budgets. A TM& R agreement will also allow the customer to reassign staff allocated to material handling equipment repair to production.
- The term of the agreement is flexible and can be set for any application or length.
- The customer is able to accurately budget their material handling expense. All normal and planned maintenance is scheduled and performed without stopping production.
- Gives the customer the freedom to concentrate on their core business. The customer no longer needs to stock parts or tooling to repair their material handling equipment.
- A TM&R customer will generally have an assigned, factory trained technician. Your assigned technician will get to know your business and equipment. Scheduled maintenance will always be performed on time and with no disruption to production.
- TM&R agreements can also be developed for existing fleets.
Most customers should not be in the material handling business. Let us help keep your fleet operating and production flowing so you can focus on your core business needs.