How to Keep Your Forklift Operators & Warehouses Accident Free
Have you ever been inside an industrial facility or a construction job-site and encounter a “near miss” accident. It happens all too often and unfortunately there are people that are injured or even killed on a daily and weekly basis. Industrial accidents and incidents are a fact of life. Companies have many ways to keep employees and others safe by use of smart alarms, blue and red colored lights signaling movement, impact monitors or even now, new technology that allows a company to create a “safe zone” or audible alarms that alert machine operators to the presence of pedestrians well in advance. I foresee great value in these systems and because they head off potential issues before they happen, they will save lives.
Some great practices to understand & use before a “near miss” accident could happen;
- Viewing and understanding a map of the facility before you enter
- Safety briefing and video of hazards in the facility or job-site
- Understanding and wearing the appropriate PPE for the environments you will encounter
- Look…listen and learn (watching for lights, listen for back up alarms and learn the flow of traffic
- Stay in designated walk areas or safe zones
- Stay alert
Safety is never guaranteed, but you can adopt some or all of these simple tips to help keep out of harm’s way when visiting an industrial facility or construction job-site.
If you’re looking for a precise, effective and safe warning system for your forklift operators, employees and visitors in your warehouse – invest in a Hit-Not Proximity Detection System
Contact us today to learn more about ways to keep your company safe!