Consider a Career as a Service Technician
Work for a leading dealer in the material handling industry!
Wisconsin Lift Truck offers excellent job opportunities for mechanically inclined individuals in the field of lift truck and other material handling equipment repair. Wherever goods are being delivered or stored – to factories, warehouses or docks – there’s a fork lift, aerial lift, sweeper, scrubber, tugger, pallet truck, etc., to manage the heavy lifting… and each must be regularly serviced, just like a car, to ensure that they work properly and safely.
There are two options, depending on your preference:
Shop Technician: enjoy working in our state-of-the-art shops which are set up specifically to work on material handling equipment safely. The shops in our newer facilities are even air-conditioned!
Field Service Technician: Quite often fork lift servicing is done at the customer’s location, so technicians are needed out in the field to provide a mobile workshop to the customer.
Explore job opportunities for shop mechanics & field service technicians needed throughout Wisconsin now.
We are a multi-line distributor of material handling equipment which means you may very well find yourself working on something different every day! From fork lift trucks, to aerial equipment, to rail car movers, front-end loaders, industrial cleaning equipment… you will become proficient in electrical and hydraulic systems, diesel and gas powered engines, and much, much more! Like today’s automotive industry, it’s no longer spanners and oily rags, our service technicians regularly use laptop or hand held devices to diagnose problems or fine-tune fork lift performance.
We welcome Technical School Graduates! We have developed relationships with several Wisconsin technical colleges and are involved in the courses taught. We are developing programs all the time to transition students into our industry to include tuition reimbursement assistance.
Ongoing technical training is so important to us that we have our own Technical Training Department and staff dedicated to training our service technicians all year long on the various systems they will encounter. In addition to classroom study, we have e-Learning courses available at all times.
Material Handling Service Technicians are highly skilled, well paid, and respected technicians – with lots of scope for different jobs in the future.
Want more? In addition to the benefits described on the Benefits page – we offer our Service Technicians the following:
- Competitive wages, measured against the market – No Flat Rate policy – technicians are paid for every hour they work
- Overtime for all hours worked over 40 per week with double-time scenarios
- All work is primarily first shift
- Field Service Technicians have take-home use of company-provided service vans, including all maintenance and fuel
- We provide computer equipment and cell phone technology
- Inside, high level technical support available for all service technicians
- Parts support
- Specialty tools provided
- Interest-free tool loans
- Your own tools are insured, at no cost to the service technician
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glass co-op programs available
- Service technicians can shop for tools and safety shoes at our shop, as vendors come to us!
- Uniforms provided with cleaning at no cost to technician
- Apprentice programs for technicians just starting out
- Technical Training provided by certified factory-trained staff – continuous product training
- 12-month on-boarding program to provide well-rounded understanding of our company and the industry
Apply Online or Download our Job Application to apply! (We will only accept applications for those positions listed. Any applications that do not reference a specific position are considered unsolicited and will be discarded.) Drop-ff or email your resume and/or application to our Human Resources Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org.